book

Why You Should Read PoetryWhy You Should Read Poetry

I often hear people say they do not like poetry, or that they prefer to read fiction. Some even claim they do not understand poetry at all. They find it boring, hard to appreciate, and meaningless. However, there are multiple advantages to reading poetry, so keep scrolling to find out how verses can benefit you. […]...

chocolate

Joan Harris’s Chocolat: A Timeless Novel about Life, Passion, and Staying True to OneselfJoan Harris’s Chocolat: A Timeless Novel about Life, Passion, and Staying True to Oneself

There is hardly anyone who is not familiar with the 1999 bestseller Chocolat by English-French author Joan Harris. If by any chance you have not read the book, you must have at least watched the Oscar-nominated movie starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp. However, some of you might not be aware of the fact that […]...

book

The Life and Passions of Zelda Fitzgerald, Part II: The NovelThe Life and Passions of Zelda Fitzgerald, Part II: The Novel

The first years of Zelda Sayre’s marriage to famous writer F. Scott Fitzgerald were marked by a vivid social life and endless parties. Unfortunately, in time, Zelda’s mental and emotional health deteriorated, and in the winter of 1929, she tried to kill herself, her husband, and their 9-year-old daughter by driving off a cliff on […]...

flower

The Life and Passions of Zelda Fitzgerald – Part IThe Life and Passions of Zelda Fitzgerald – Part I

Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald is one of the most magnetic female personalities of the last century. The wife of celebrated author F. Scott Fitzgerald, she had a fascinating aura that attracted men and women alike and made her one of her generation’s icons. In the article below, I will explore Zelda’s life and will recount little-known […]...

hyacinth

Welcome to This BlogWelcome to This Blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am thrilled to introduce you to my tiny space of the Internet, where I share with you my literary interests. In my capacity of an avid reader, an aspiring writer, and a bookstore owner, I encounter many exhilarating works and authors, and I am impatient to introduce them […]...