Welcome to This Blog


hyacinth

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am thrilled to introduce you to my tiny space of the Internet, where I share with you my literary interests. In my capacity of an avid reader, an aspiring writer, and a bookstore owner, I encounter many exhilarating works and authors, and I am impatient to introduce them to the world.

What You Will Find Here

There is so much to write about reading that I do not even know where to begin. To some, my blog may look like a patchwork of different stories, and they might be right. I must admit I am a hectic reader and a somewhat chaotic writer. Nonetheless, I love both reading and writing, so I will try to present you with high-quality, relevant, and thought-provoking information about:

New Books

There is hardly anything more exciting for an eager reader than exploring new titles. I try to dig up all sorts of information about any upcoming books regardless of their genre. My job as a bookstore keeper and my former career in publishing make it easy for me to stay up-to-date and get the hottest news first. Thus, you will find here both systematized reviews from external sources and my personal feedback for the newest bookworm frenzies.

New Editions of Familiar Titles

There is something magical when a publishing house releases a new edition of a much-beloved literary classic. Not only does the book enter the world once again dressed in a new cover but it also comes with fresh reviews and interpretations. I select the best new editions to feature on this blog together with exciting feedback and commentaries from some of the most-renowned book experts in the country.

Fiction

Fiction is my personal favorite. I love reading fiction most of all. When it comes to genre, I must reveal I am not a picky reader. You can see my nose buried in all kinds of fiction works from history, mystery, and romance to horror, fantasy, and sci-fi. If you are a fiction fan yourself, you will be pleasantly surprised to find a variety of blog posts on the topic.

Non-Fiction

Of course, I will never abandon all the non-fiction enthusiasts out there. I offer you a great variety of reviews on history, journalism, philosophy and insight, travel guides and travelogues, humor, biographies, autobiographies, memoirs, and many more.

Poetry

What would the world be without poetry? Not a beautiful place, for sure. I love poetry as much as I love fiction, and it is my mission to kindle the same passion in you. Therefore, make sure to browse through the poetry section. There, I present to you a wide range of poetry works ranging from early classics to the latest modern-day creations.

Reviews

Reviews are something no literary blog can ever skip. After all, reading them is as interesting as reading the book itself. I select a wide array of reviews from both popular columnists and critics and keen readers like you and me. The reason I do this is because it is always good to have a diverse perspective on a literary work. Professional and amateur reviewers have different approaches and contribute to the dialogue distinctively.

Interviews

I just love doing author interviews. To be honest, it is not so easy to have a celebrated writer give you the time of day but it is well worth it. Throughout the process, you get to learn so many exciting things about how imagination works and how one goes through the different stages of creativity. Besides, authors share all kinds of funny, intriguing, and bizarre stories. All that being said, you are invited to explore my interview collection and meet a good deal of well-known and rising authors.

Writing Advice

There is hardly a person who loves reading that has not been tempted to try writing. Generally, keen readers tend to be pretty decent writers as well. However, sometimes they might find it hard to get the writing process going. At other times, they may hit a writer’s block.

To tackle these and other writer concerns, I have created the blog’s writing advice section. There, you can find a large library of helpful articles for all levels of author experience and expertise. The blog posts are crisp, sharp, and to the point. They offer practical and personally tested recommendations gathered from my many years of experience struggling to kick off my writing career.

In addition, I have also selected some of the best third-party writing advice I have ever encountered. It includes snippets from interviews, manuals, guidebooks, and even inspiring quotes from famous authors and writing instructors. I also review some of the writing classes I have taken in my career and give you my honest feedback. After all, you should know where to invest your time and effort.